Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Home Sweet Home

It was the strangest and best feeling when we first touched down in Chicago. Even though I was still another plane ride from being home in Pennsylvania, it felt so good to be back in America. Everything was in English, I had 4G again, and the first thing I ate (and drank) was an order of buffalo wings with a Blue Moon. I was overcome with too many feelings of happiness and excitement to be sad at the same time. When I finally landed in Harrisburg, I was so happy to see my mom and Aunt Mindy who were waiting for me. Strangely enough, whenever I got home, it almost did feel as if I had never left. I never knew that four months could go so fast. Anyway, my first weekend home and the past few weeks have been really great because I’ve been able to see so many family members and friends that have been so excited to finally see me, too. Everyone has been really interested in hearing about my life in Spain along with my travels throughout Europe, and I love sharing my stories and pictures with them. It’s been wonderful to catch up with old friends, start making money again at my summer job, and enjoy some of my mom’s delicious cooking. Today was the first day since I've been home that I haven't been busy, so I was looking through all of my pictures from my time in Spain. When I was reminiscing about all of the great memories I had made this past semester, it did make me really sad. However, I uplifted my own spirits a little when I reminded myself that I was so lucky to have this opportunity and that there are so many people who would have loved to have been in my shoes. I cannot wait to go back to Europe again someday... but then I got to thinking that I’m really excited for bonfires, picnics, lifeguarding, family vacations, beach weekends with friends, and everything else that my summer has in store, in my favorite country of them all, the good old USA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment