Monday, February 18, 2013

My Biggest Adjustment

This post is a really hard one because naturally when you move halfway across the world, there are so many adjustments that are very challenging. After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that the biggest adjustment for me is learning to live so far away from my family, friends, and sisters back home. It's a strange feeling leaving a support system that is so physically close in proximity to you and moving over 4,000 miles away. It's no longer just a quick walk up the street to meet a best friend for lunch or a short three hour drive home if you need something. Adjusting to life with all new people and only a couple familiar faces from W&J has definitely been the biggest struggle for me. Although, I've adapted quite well to life in Spain, it still doesn't take away from the fact that I miss everyone back home more than I ever would have expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment